Thank you for your interest in the Customer Relationship/Business Development Manager role within Cellular and Molecular Therapies (CMT) at NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT).
CMT is at the heart of one of NHSBT’s strategic intents that focuses on strengthening the national infrastructure for advanced cell and gene therapies. Working across four sites, our highly skilled specialised advanced therapy scientists, supported by a dedicated quality team, manufacture ATMPs (advanced therapeutic medicinal products) for infusion to patients in multiple clinical trials.
We will increase our output and support the treatment of more patients through collaboration with commercial and clinical academic partners who are developing innovative therapies. We are looking for a Business Development Manager who will support our customers and help deliver our income targets. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career within the growing Advanced Cell Therapies sector.
As Customer Relationship / Business Development Manager for Cellular and Molecular Therapies you will have specific responsibility for promoting the services of the four Advanced Therapy Units (ATUs) at Barnsley, Birmingham, Filton and Speke. You will be responsible for promoting our GMP manufacturing services for ATMPs and for achieving income expectations.
You will provide marketing expertise to the business management team, develop and execute the market strategy to optimise income and enable further development of market share. You will oversee the management and performance of account relationships and represent CMT at conferences and exhibitions to secure new customers and grow our business.
You will also be responsible for reviewing market plan performance, highlighting areas of concern and identifying and implementing solutions, together with managing existing accounts and growing new business.
Main duties of the job
- Grow new business for the Cellular and Molecular Therapies function with specific responsibility for Advanced Cell Therapies;
- Responsible for execution of sales strategy to achieve the income expectations for the Advanced Cell Therapies, promote the capabilities for the four Advanced Therapy Units and increase CMT’s market share;
- Build relationships with existing and potential academic, clinical and commercial customers to provide liaison with NHSBT operational teams;
- Develop, maintain and expand client accounts, ensuring a timely response to customer queries;
- Ensure prompt and effective resolution to customer requests, e.g. orders, queries, quotes, contract queries, payments, complaints;
- Handle difficult customer queries/complaints;
- Undertake contract management and review of contract provision;
- Contribute to development of technical specifications for contracting/tender purposes;
- Contribute to development of costing structure and payment schedule for bespoke contracts;
- Undertake market research and market analysis;
- Manage development of messaging and dissemination across full range of communication/media channels for marketing purposes; and
- Contribute to review and update of CMT website.
Qualifications and Training
- Appropriate degree or equivalent technical background in a relevant discipline e.g. biotech, medical technology, life sciences;
- Additional qualifications, or proven experience, in marketing, commercial management or sales;
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of business development and customer relationship management in a complex environment;
- Proven skills in business planning, organisation, prioritisation and control of multiple projects within agreed timescales;
- The ability to develop and manage beneficial relationships with customer groups, gaining an understanding of needs and negotiating commercial outcomes;
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate with people from a wide range of disciplines / backgrounds, at a wide range of levels, clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing. Ability to use internal negotiation skills where appropriate;
- Experience of developing and managing promotional campaigns and marketing budgets;
- Possession of a valid driving licence, allowing you to drive in the UK; and
- The ability to champion diversity and inclusion.
Please view the attached candidate pack which is a summary of the detailed Job Description and Person Specification for the full personal attributes we require for the role. You will need to demonstrate these throughout the recruitment process.
At NHS Blood and Transplant, we’re incredibly proud of the many talented people who come together every day to make our organisation the very best it can be. We have clearly defined values that are centred around offering exceptional care to our donors and their families. We take care of each other too and we focus on building our expertise so we can change lives, provide quality support and offer fulfilling careers.
It’s an opportunity to contribute to a unique team as part of a service that saves lives 365 days a year. We offer brilliant benefits including 27 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), a comprehensive induction and training programme, and a competitive pension scheme.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and aim to reflect the diverse communities we work with and positively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Three small words, one big difference - Caring, Expert and Quality.
Together we'll save and improve more lives than ever
This vacancy will close at 23:59 on 11th December.
Interviews are anticipated to be held in Bristol w/c 9th January 2023– subject to confirmation
For informal enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org